With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, most of the conferences around the world have resorted to being online. Some of these events include virtual conferences, trade shows, open days, career fairs, business meetings, etc. There are several pros of conducting an online event, due to which many companies prefer to conduct online meetings for their business. Some of the pros of virtual events are:
- Cost-effective: Any in-person event involves a lot of costs. These costs include venue preparation, travel and accommodation costs, advertisement costs, etc. all these costs can be done away with in case of a virtual event since it does not require any venue or travelling. Most of these events can be attended from home, which reduces the cost manifold.
- Environment friendly: The cost of online events are not only measured in terms of money but also in terms of the impact it has on the environment. Setting up stalls in trade fairs, wastage generated, improper disposal of advertisement pamphlets are common causes of environmental degradation. By organizing an online trade fair, the environment is protected from such unhealthy human activities.
- Reliable: One of the common reasons for cancellation of offline events is the weather or any global pandemic. However, the attendees find no issues that prevent them from attending an online conference. The attendance of such virtual events increases, which increases the authenticity of such events.
- Scalable: One of the biggest drawbacks of an offline meeting is the limitation to accommodate people. As the number of attendees increases, the cost of accommodating them also increases, which takes a toll on the total budget of such meetings. However, since you no longer need to pay for the attendees in an online meeting, you can accommodate as many people as you want. The unlimited entry of attendees will also help in promoting your brand or awareness of common concern.
- Engaging: Network is an important outcome of any conference. Networking is required for advertisement and explores newer unidentified fields. However, networking is hindered by the inability of people to speak in person. Such reluctance diminishes when a person speaks in a virtual booth. The attendees can express their views by answering polls, live chats, Q&A. You can even put up the downloadable content of your business for your attendees. Using widgets to boost such interaction is also an exciting option.
These are some of the reasons why online events are better than offline ones. Several companies have taken them into confidence to get their businesses propagated during this pandemic.