Lymphatic drainage body massage, also known as manual lymphatic drainage, is a gentle massage used to relieve painful swelling in your arms and legs caused by lymphedema. Lymphedema often acts on people recovering from breast cancer surgery. Lymphedema happens at the time once the tissues retain fluid left behind after your cardiovascular system sends blood to your tissues and organs. The remaining liquid is called lymph. Usually, your lymphoid system collects your lymph and returns it to your heart via a network of lymph vessels and lymph nodes.
When something comes between your lymphatic system’s process, lymph collects in your arms and legs, making them swell. A massage expert t uses lymphatic drainage massage techniques to move lymph from your tissues to your lymph nodes, which eases the swelling in your tissues.
What are the advantages of lymphatic drainage massage?
If you have rheumatoid arthritis, you may experience poor lymph flow as the disease progresses. Along with the swelling, pain in the joints increases, joints lose their function, and the skin changes color. Lymph drainage body massage can help ease these later-stage rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
Lymph drainage body massage may help people with fibromyalgia. This condition gives rise to inflammation of the skin nerves, skin discoloration, and tissue swelling. The best lymphatic drainage massage Singapore massage is better than connective tissue massage in treating depression and stiffness and improving the quality of life for those living with fibromyalgia.
How does it work?
- Lymphatic drainage massage Singapore will help free toxins from the body. Research has shown that massage can improve lymphatic flow by up to 80%
- Keeping active and alternating your posture regularly is essential if you want to allow the body’s natural muscle pump to work efficiently.
- Your lymph liquids require water to flow. Raw food contains enzymes that help significantly reduce toxins helping your lymphatic system excrete waste products.
- The lymph nodes work using a network of tubules spread throughout the entire body. Waste products will then be collected from the tubule cells and transported out of the body via lymph fluid.
- If your system is ‘sluggish,’ your body will not be excreting the waste products the way it needs to remain healthy.
- The lymphatic drainage body massage involves applying light pressure to the skin in a slow, stroking motion. Massaging our skin can help stimulate lymph vessels to contract and move fluid from swollen areas to other body parts.